Japan Music Marketing Resources
If you are in the business of making and selling music then Japan is your major market and should not be ignored. Register below to access the Japan Music Marketing Resources Area. (US$19 lifetime access fee)
Resources Area is in English. Click here to preview.
Resources Area contains the following:
- List of Japanese record companies/labels/licensors/distributors that deal with foreign artists/bands/labels
- Ready-to-print Japanese cover letters
- List of Music Festivals/Conferences in Japan which book or showcase foreign artists/bands
- List of Japan Concert Promoters and Tour Planning Companies that specialize in arranging shows/tours for foreign artists/bands
- List of Japanese Music Publishers that are interested in being a sub-publisher for foreign music in Japan
- Other useful info/advice to help sell and promote your music in Japan
Info on record companies in Japan that distribute, import, license, and sell music from foreign indie artists, bands and record labels. All genres are covered (even Hawaiian, Classical, Brazilian/Latin, Reggae, Bluegrass/Country, Jazz/Swing, Jam Band, Hard Rock, Metal, Punk, Techno, Pop, Alt Rock, etc.). All addresses are translated/written in English. There are website/email links and additional comments written about each company. Click here to preview Resources Area home page.
A Japanese cover letter (PDF file) which you can print and include with your packages so that they know why you sent it and who to contact (even though the other contents of your package may be in English or another language). The letter is generic so that it can be copied and sent to all the companies on the list. You simply write your name, genre and contact info where noted on the page. The Japanese cover letter is provided as a PDF file which when printed fits on one 8.5" x 11" letter-size paper (A4-size also available).
cover letter has several versions available:
- For artist / DJ / band seeking a Japanese distributor/licensor/importer for finished products
- For artist / DJ / band just sending demos to Japanese record companies in hopes of getting "signed"
- For record label (or company with 1 or more artists/bands/DJs) seeking a Japanese distributor/licensor/importer for finished products
*To view/print the files which you download, you will need the free Adobe Reader
lifetime access fee
(payable online by Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, Bank, eCheck via PayPal)